Texas Physical Therapy Specialists Now Offering Weight Loss and Metabolic Conditioning Service
In addition to helping patients recover from sensitive bariatric surgery scars and preventing limited mobility, incontinence, or pelvic pain from scar tissue in the abdominal cavity, the service is designed to help patients work smarter, not harder, to reach their goal weight.
TexPTS’ therapists use heart rate monitors to identify when patients are in the optimal zone for losing weight. Based on that optimal zone, each individual patient will be taught exercises that keep him or her in this zone so fat is burned both during the workout and when at rest. This optimal zone typically requires less exertion than patients expect and leaves them feeling energized after a workout, not exhausted. Throughout the course of the program, therapists will continue to monitor optimal heart rate zone as stamina increases so the workout can be adjusted as the body changes. TexPTS therapists are also experts in hands-on manual therapy, manipulation, soft tissue massage, and trigger point dry needling which they incorporate into treatment to keep any muscle or joint pain that patients may experience from becoming a barrier to exercise.
Additional tools to assist in weight loss are:
- Online Exercise Tracker: TexPTS can assign exercises, communicate with patients when they aren’t in the clinic, and track progress on our online web app.
- At Home Videos: Online videos, housed in our web app, are always available for assurance patients are doing the right exercises at home.
- AlterG ® Anti-Gravity Treadmill ® : Through patented NASA technology this treadmill can remove up to 80% of a patient’s body weight in 1% increments allowing for:
- Walking or running without discomfort or pain
- Burning more calories by going further or faster than typically possible
- Training without injuries
- Feel the joy of walking or running without painful impact on the joints
To learn more about TexPTS’ weight loss and metabolic conditioning service, or to book a free consultation with one of San Antonio’s experts in injury prevention, please call 888.658.8483.
About Texas Physical Therapy Specialists:
Founded in 2004, Texas Physical Therapy Specialists (TexPTS) is a private physical therapy practice with locations throughout the following areas: Austin, Cibolo, Central Texas, Dallas, Georgetown, Hill County, Liberty Hill, Live Oak, Randolph Air Force Base, New Braunfels, Parmer/Pflugerville, Round Rock, San Antonio, San Marcos, Schertz, Selma, Spring Branch, and Universal City. Known for teaching and training physical therapists all over the US, TexPTS physical therapists take pride in delivering comprehensive and compassionate care to their patients with the best results. Our clinicians a have a wide range of clinical expertise in manual physical therapy, spine care and rehabilitation, general orthopedic conditions and rehabilitation, sports specific injuries, workplace injuries and much more. TexPTS was voted one of the Top 50 Places to Work in San Antonio in 2011, 2013, and 2014 by their own employees, the Best Private Physical Therapy Practice in the U.S. in 2009 by their peers in the American Physical Therapy Association and has been recognized on the Inc. 500/5000 lists for the past three years. For more information visit TexPTS.com or the TexPTS Facebook page.