Types of Treatment
Weight Loss/Metabolic Conditions
Did you know that our physical therapists can help you with recovery from weight loss surgery and lose weight?
You’re thinking that physical therapists only deal with things like tennis elbow and rehab from broken bones, right? Well, we aren’t your average physical therapists!
Our specially trained therapists specialize in not only helping you recover from surgery scars and pain, but also can help you work smarter, not harder, to reach your goal weight.
How can we help you lose weight?
- Successful Exercise: So many patients we work with have failed at exercise in the past. You kill yourself at the gym, only to see the scale stay the same. That’s because the general belief is that the harder you work, the more weight you lose. This is not true. We can teach you how to work smarter, not harder, to reach your weight loss goals.
- You work less and lose more. Sounds too good to be true?: Our therapists use heart rate monitors to measure when you are in the optimal zone for losing weight. Then we give you exercises that keep you in this zone so that you burn fat during your workout and when you are at rest. This optimal zone typically requires less exertion than you would think and doesn’t leave you feeling exhausted at the end of your workout, but energized. We continue to monitor your optimal heart rate zone as you increase your stamina and lose weight so we can adjust your workout as your body changes.
We’ve also got some other tools that help with weight loss:
- Online Exercise Tracker: We can assign exercises, communicate with you when you aren’t in the clinic, and track your progress together on our online web app.
- At Home Videos: Our online videos, housed in our web app, are always available so you can be sure you’re doing the right exercises at home.
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®: Through patented NASA technology this treadmill can remove up to 80% of your body weight so you can:
- Walk or run without discomfort or pain.
- Burn more calories by going further or faster than you normally can.
- Train without injuries.
Feel the joy of walking or running without
painful impact on your joints.
At TexPTS, empathy and compassion are of the utmost importance. We treat our patients like family. And we want the best for our family.
What can we help you with?
- Avoid Surgery: If you struggle with metabolic syndrome or obesity, in many cases we can help you avoid weight loss surgery.
- Prepare and Recover from Surgery: We offer metabolic training to help you lose weight before and after weight loss surgery, as well as scar treatment to make sure that you don’t experience pain that restricts movement.
- Lose Weight: Looking to lose weight before a knee or hip replacement? Or for the countless health benefits? We can help.
- Painful Muscles and Joints: Inactivity, weakness, or prolonged pressure on the knees, hips, and back can make any movement very painful and limit your mobility. Our physical therapists are musculoskeletal experts and can help keep you active and pain-free.
Here’s what some of our patients had to say...
Courteous staff, excellent PTs, flexible scheduling. I highly recommend TexPTS. Excellent outcome with my shoulder therapy. Injuries happen; when anyone in my family needs a PT in the future, they’re headed to TexPTS!
The therapy I have received at Texas Physical Therapy Specialists is first rate in every regard. The entire team is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and compassionate. I have already made significant improvement in just three weeks.
I have had a great experience with everyone at Texas Physical Therapy Specialists. Such a friendly, laid back, and encouraging environment. They are on top of their game, and you can tell by the way they greet patients, work with them, and manage their team.
The folks at TexPTS are caring, thoughtful, and very professional. They truly care about your injury and want you to get better! I would recommend them highly to anyone in need of physical therapy!
The therapists, are very nice, friendly, knowledgeable, and encouraging. Their assistants and the office staff are equally as nice and friendly. The facility is clean and spacious. All this together makes for a very pleasant rehab experience!